Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The New Supergroup Chavs

What do you get when you mix part Klaxons and part Libertines?

That's right, you get Chavs. It's the latest group designed to melt faces with their English-ness. Sadly, the elusive Pete Doherty will not be joining the group. Other members include: Carl Barat, Gary Powell, Jamie Reynolds, and Steffan Halperin. Tim Burgess of The Charlatans sings vocals. I guess all those drugs did Doherty in.

According to NME.com, the band will be playing a show tonight. The last time they played it was only five songs in London.

While scoping out the goodies at wikipedia, I found out that a Chav is a British slang used to describe white kids who dress in the fashionable hip-hop culture or guido. When did it become fashionable to look retarded? I think in America we use the term wigger.

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to put up a photo or any mp3 because I can't find any. They're good at this whole new thing.

No comments: