Thursday, June 14, 2007

Liars record leaks. Amazing.
















I urge you to download the new Liars album. It's so much fun! It doesn't have the spacey take-you-to-another-state-of-mindness of Drums Not Dead - this is more of a straightforward collection of songs.

What I do like is that there are a few different threads throughout the album - some songs have the same fuzz guitar driving them, others are 1990s trip hop influenced, some are driven by the pounding drumming that makes the previous album so special and then a few of the songs are stabs at being the Jesus and Mary Chain. But it's all twisted and beautiful pop music.

The band have tried lots of conventional song structures this time but managed to make them sound really fresh because they are, well, Liars and that's what they do. "Plaster Casts of Everything" is my current favorite song and I cannot wait to DJ another party so I can play it really loud and get everyone jumping around like raving lunatics. As it is, I've been doing this by myself in my room. So download this thing so you can do it too!

Liars Tracklist:

1. Plaster Casts of Everything
2. Houseclouds
3. Leather Prowler
4. Sailing to Byzantium
5. What would they know
6. Cycle Time
7. Freak Out
8. Pure Unevil
9. Clear Island
10. The dumb in the rain
11. Protection

There is a something of a lack of information about this album and the leak, but if you Google it you will be able to find a download location. There are many but they're likely to change each day so you'll need to search a little. I've gone ahead and Googled it for you:

Click here.

Good luck finding it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been. And yes, I am going to purchase it because Liars make it well worth their fans money to do so. Just check out the packaging for Drums Not Dead and you'll see.

No comments: