Monday, June 11, 2007

M.I.A.'s comeback includes a lot of "Boyz"


M.I.A. has just released her first video off her latest album Kala.

I haven't heard M.I.A. in a while and listening to this song makes me fall in love with her music all over again. It's got like this Carribean beat with the Southern marching band quality of drumming and the classic M.I.A. whininess. You can never get enough nasal sounding whines especially from the tiniest girl in East London.

Besides her whiny voice, you can't leave out the fact that you can barely understand what she's saying most of the time. That's boss. Her wardrobe also changed a lot from the baggy t-shirts to some nylon and body suits.

The other songs on her album are:

1. Bamboo Banga
2. BirdFlu
3. Boyz
4. Jimmy
5. Hussel (featuring Afrikan Boy)
6. Mango Pickle Down River (with The Wilcannia Mob)
7. 20 Dollar
8. World Town
9. The Turn
10. XR2
11. Paper Planes
12. Come Around (featuring Timbaland)


1 comment:

david. said...

its her second video.

the first video off of kala was BIRD FLU.