Monday, June 25, 2007

Amy Winehouse's New Song



My Tears Dry on Their Own. It sounds like a woman standing up for the rights she deserves; which are basically ruing the day. However, for Amy Winehouse it seems the man walks out on her and not vice versa. But that doesn't matter, because she's stronger than that.

Well, that's the illusion I get from the song, however, it's not what I get from the video. A very Sex and the City -esque creation from David LaChapelle on Winehouse walking down non-descript streets and hanging out in bedrooms waiting for her man. What does that remind me of Carrie Bradshaw?

That's because most of the show was about her waiting for one man. She roams the streets for new men, but end up alone. Her tears will definitely dry on their own.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tears Dry on Their Own is my FAVORITEEEE song off the album. It makes me feel better when I'm having a bad day.