Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One historic moment in pop music.

I like looking at footage of pop musicians in the studio because it reminds me that they are normal people and they don't just write their brilliant hits in one shot. You see them in this state that can almost be described as "vulnerable."

I came across the following video on Youtube while mindlessly searching through for musicians I like in the studio. The description of the video doesn't give justice to what actually happens in it. In fact, the very moment when Jay-Z first hears the beat you're sure to recognize is one of the coolest things I've seen. It's almost as if you can see the music slap him in the face and when he recovers a brief second later, you then witness see his brain working at top creative speed. I won't ruin the surprise, but if you like Jay-Z then you're going to appreciate this video:



See? It's like magic.

God, I love that song.

No comments: