Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fields: Do You Love Them or Hate Them?



While our good friend Keith discovered the harshness of band crowds and the beauty of Blonde Redhead, I thought I should bring up the opening band, Fields.

They're pretty new so I'm surprised when I heard the large amount of ambiguity over the band. If you haven't heard Fields then I suggest you listen to them right now. They are currently one of those feature bands on myspace. Although the music isn't as passionate as it is in performance, I think they have a huge journey of fans who will scream at them for their talent and then there will be the ones who will boo them off stage.

While I was enjoying their songs on stage, I heard a man from behind me scream you suck which could be indication of my previous hypothesis. The album is good otherwise.

They have a cuteness about them. A cuteness with a bit of an edge. Kind of like listening to Tilly and the Wall without the tap shoes and then add some Blonde Redhead influence and you get a monster of sound with a touch of sweetness in the voice of singer Thorunn Antonia's voice. Surely this sound has been done a few dozen times over and over again, but I like how there's a separation of the acoustic and the electric guitar. I like how banging on a tambourine is classified as an act of violence.

It's album you have to hear. I doubt that I can tell you if they're good or bad, but they are something to listen to them. I think.

No comments: