Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It must be "Let's Get Arrested" Week for the music industry.

First we have ex-Creed front man Scott Stapp. According to a Spin.com article, Stapp was arrested for aggravated assault, with intent to commit a felony after getting into a domestic dispute with his wife. The judge apparently reduced the sentence, as the article reports:
Today, the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor by Judge Cory J. Ciklin "because the allegation is that Stapp threw a bottle of Orangina at his wife, at her head, and missed and the bottle broke," sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller told Billboard.com. "Based on the circumstances, the defense attorney argued that was not a deadly weapon." Stapp, currently behind bars, is scheduled to go free today on supervised conditions, which includes random drug and alcohol testing.
So I wanted to look at the ingredient list for Orangina so that we here at Supercoolawesomeradyeah can decide if the bottled beverage really could be considered a deadly weapon. Here is what I found after Googling it:
carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, orange and other citrus juice concentrate, citrus fruit pulp ,citric acid, phosphoric acid, guarana extract, natural flavor, caffeine, artificial color (fd&c red #40)
I don't know how I feel about the high fructose corn syrup/and or sugar. Are they just not sure? Is it the syrup on Monday but sugar on Thursday? Uncertainty equals danger in my book. And aritificial coloring is just awful! When the ingredients in your food are numbered, then so are your days!

So I think that solves it. This is in fact, a dangerous weapon:Stapp is a lucky man because if I had been the judge I would have locked his ass away for this domestic dispute and then thrown away the key for making me deal with car ride after car ride of "With Arms Wide Open." Unfortunately, right now the only victims of the rage that caused are my mom and dad.

So I vote to have his sentence reduction taken away. Let's end my parents' suffering!

Ah, but who's going to listen to me anyway?

In other news:

Method Man was arrested for carrying about an ounce of weed on him, among other illegal items . He will probably be hit with a harder, longer lasting sentence than Scott "Wife Beater" Stapp will. You can use your imagination as to why that might be.

Now, I don't want to sound like a giant pothead marijuana advocate, because I could honestly care less whether the thing is legal or not - but I am quite certain that this is not a weapon:Hm. Till next time. Oh, and stay out of jail, Okay?


No comments: