Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Free music courtesy of Adult Swim.

So I went to see the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie in the theaters and left thinking only one thing: Why the hell didn't I smoke my brains out before walking into that theater? I knew that I should expect nonsense and a non-plot from the movie but seriously, I probably would have found Jesus had I blazed. Oh well, I thought. Money well spent, I thought. If only I had spent a little more before hand, I thought.

The brilliant folks at Adult Swim have something new out and this time I don't have to spend any money at all. Nor will I have to smoke up to enjoy it. It's a brand new compilation they put together with some of the coolest groups around today. Here is the song list:

Warm & Scratchy
:

1. "Me-I" - TV on the Radio
2. "Dead Sound" - The Raveonettes
3. "The Equestrian" - Les Savy Fav
4. "Crimson Red" - The Rapture
5. "Justine" - 120 Days
6. "Canada vs. America" - Broken Social Scene
7. "Color of the Love You Have" - SOUND Team
8. "The Bunting Song" (Acoustic Version) - The Good, the Bad and the Queen
9. "Half Century" - The Brother Kite
10. "Silver "(Original Beats) - Jesu
11. "Back to Flash" - Amusement Parks on Fire
12. "Stay Awake" - Asobi Seksu
13. "Winter" - Fennesz
14. "Sunset Rodeo" - Liars

What a line up! I'm downloading the tracks as I write this and I can't wait to check it out. I'm especially excited by the opportunity to finally check out Fennesz. And a new Liars track is a very good thing.

Anyway, you can download it all here: Adult Swim presents Warm and Scratchy.

Go get it and then leave a comment here and let me know what you think of it.

No comments: