Monday, April 16, 2007

Do you remember Tiny Bubbles?


Don Ho died last Monday.

Yeah, I don't know who he is either. I had to look up online googling his name and went to his website. Then I heard that song:

Tiny Bubbles.

So a week later, I start to write blogs again and I find out that a thriller of hearts in Hawaii has died. Apparently he was not only know for this song, but also for some raspberry colored shades he used to don (ho).

He died of heart failure at the age of 76. That's pretty young. Billboard Online also says that he underwent some stem cell research for his heart. I guess in times like these, people like Don Ho should survive. He's a memory of peace and health. Keeping things together by keeping everyone drunk.

If you don't know Don Ho, then you know that Tiny Bubbles song. I think I heard this song once while watching a movie or something, but I just remember it somehow.

Now the coolest thing about Don Ho and Tiny Bubbles is that no matter where you are, you are in Hawaii. It's probably up there with "Aloha Oi'" or however you spell that. The relaxing verberation of the sliding guitar and the slowness of the entire song makes me want to unwind on a beach chair during sunset drinking some fruity alcohol. Oh yes, how much I do want to go to Hawaii now.

I couldn't find any videos of his song because, well, I think that song was created before the time of videos. So here are a few videos of people singing it. I love how it just equates to Hawaii. That's the greatest. Move over Elvis, this is the real Blue Hawaii

Rest in Peace, Tiny Bubbles (Don Ho).





No comments: