Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Do I have to instate a retraction?



I was reading NME.com, and this headline came up.

Sum 41 name new album
Their first new material since 2004


Now if you remember in my Avril Lavigne article, I wrote about how Avril's husband's, Deryck of Sum 41, band sucked and they weren't making any music. Well, I was wrong. Apparently, they are releasing it in July 23. The album is called Underclass Hero. Now, is that a reference to the underclassmen students or just an underclassmen of the world.

You know, underclass. Oh wait, maybe I mean the lowerclass. Either way, some sort of underdog effect is probably going to ensue and we will have to listen to an entire album filled with teenage angst. I mean, if Sum 41 isn't fueling the generations of acne-faced teeangers, then who will? Blink 182? Are they going to get back together and record a studio album? I hope to God they don't.

The self-produced effort was recorded in Los Angeles at Ocean Way, and is the band's first new material since the departure of guitarist Dave Baksh.


So they're also getting rid of the one minority in the group. So it's like Buddy Holly. All white people. Woot Canada!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Technically we don't have to listen to it, cause like I do when you're speaking, we can just tune it out. It wasn't until I read this article that I realized Deryck and Avril's marriage could be a publicity stunt to feul their "bad ass"/"punk" crediblity. But then I remembered that there isn't anything remotely "bad ass" about either of them and that that would be a stupid idea. Also, I find it odd that you loathe Sum 41 so much, since your boyfriend looks like he'd be their best friend. Yeah, you can count that as a racist comment. ;)

Laura said...

I guess this album is the equivalent of Good Charlottes "The Young and the Hopeless" album or Simple Plan's "Still Not Getting Any..." In other words, it'll suck for most of us, but for some suicidal teens out in American suburbia, it'll save their lives.