Sunday, April 1, 2007

Ashley Tisdale: Disney's Favorite Pop Star But Not Mine


I have a guilty pleasure: I'm in love with pop music. From time to time, you will probably read about a new pop song. Probably because I'm playing it on repeat on my ipod. I'm not ashamed of my guilty pleasure. I bet everyone's got to love that Beyonce song Irreplaceable. Ever since that came out, I can't stop listening to it.

But today I heard something on the radio that made me want to cry. Not because it's dramatically lulling or heartbreakingly sad, but it was down-right awful.

Let me introduce you to: Ashley Tisdale. Before I even go on with the rest of this post, watch her video.



She looks like a pedophile's dream come true. Sorry for those kid touchers, though. She's 21. Born July 2nd 1985, Ashley Tisdale got her start to popularity on a show called "The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody". She's also made numerous appearances like in the movie "High School Musical," and recorded her first album "Headstrong".

Besides being every adolescent and full grown adult male's dreams, Ashley Tisdale lacks the fervor to be any good. She's got the string of hits and everyone can watch her on TRL, but she doesn't have the gumption to become a part of my regular repetoire of pop singles. Trust me, I have a lot of pop singles too. From Omarion to Fergie, I've listened to them all. Each one has some sort of savoury bit that keeps me listening, but Ashley's got nothing on me.

It's not her bubble-gum personality or my envy for her good looks. Her voice is so-so, but all her notes are predictable. Even the bridge is too poppy. For a song about a desperate girl who wants to be treated fairly, Ashley exudes too much sexy and not enough anger. Well, I don't think you can call it sexy either. She's wearing sneakers for crying out loud. Besides, this is the Disney Channel. People don't look like this on the Disney Channel. I mean, what other reason is there for Disney to get rid of Hilary Duff?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ew, ew, ew! Do they just let anyone be popstars these days? God, I miss the 90s.

Unknown said...

haha you're so harsh. cut the poor girl some slack. everybody's got to start somewhere. britney spears wasn't a pro right out of the gate.

Laura said...

Britney Spears was never a "pro", but "Hit Me Baby One More Time" was a good song.