Monday, July 2, 2007

PJ Harvey is set to release a new record.

This is exciting news for me. I don't know about you. But if you are friends with me on facebook, then maybe you remember seeing how obsessed I was with PJ Harvey for a while. I think I must have listened to To Bring You My Love about 1000 times. And don't even get me started on how amazing Stories... is.

So now she's going to be releasing a new one - it's the seventh record she's put out (that's a lot!) and there is one little piece of info about it that is getting me excited. According to Spin.com,
As the follow up to 2004's acclaimed effort Uh Huh Her, the new record, which Harvey began working on last year, returns the dim rocker to seasoned producers Flood and John Parish, both who worked on 1995's To Bring You My Love and 1998's Is This Desire?.
The production on those records is very, very good. I think the reason it works so well is because they manage to make the music sound the way her voice sounds. Desperate sometimes, but menacing other times. Always darkly prophetic, however. If you can imagine guitars sounding dark prophetic, that is.

So this will be interested and I look forward to it.

Oh, and in other news - we've got business cards now. So look out for small pieces of card stock with the word S.C.A.R.Y. on em. That's us. And we're coming for you.

No comments: