Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Old Blogs

So I wrote this blog entry on an old website that I created. It didn't go so well over there, but I'm hoping it will over here. Luckily, it's more of a comparison between two species of party-er. Hope you enjoy this baby:

May 5, 2006

There happens to be an elite group of people out there. Far within the reaches and territories of Long Island City or Williamsburg, New York. Like a community of their own, they develop their style by being a group of poor-ass bitches listening to a shitload of music and wondering where the day goes after drinking ten cups of coffee, smoking two packs of cigarettes, and buying thirty lps.

They are hipsters.
And I am not one of them.

Instead, I'm the watered-down equivalent. Brandishing a notebook, thick-rimmed glasses, my ipod and a pair of cons, I will explore the underworld known as "hipster." Or not to hurt the community, "artists."

First entry: Misshapes kids vs. those Party Monsters.



You know, google images is so helpful especially when you're trying to find some pictures. I put in the word "misshapes" and this is the first picture that comes up. I'm excited. It's that dj guy and some other girl that looks like the dj guy. Or are they both djs? I wouldn't know. I went to misshapes once. Probably go again because i'm a big toolbar. I would like to thank papermag.com for this lovely photo. Damn, I wish i were that skinny. I would have to STOP EATING to get that thin. damn the metabolism of most 20 somethings.

Well, this photo demonstrates the power of the "hipster". Eyeless, fatless, passionless. LOOK AT THE DISPASSION WITHIN THEIR EYES. Either that's from caring about nothing in the world or doing too many party drugs. I'm guessing party drugs. And although, they can't be considered "party monsters," they've got the joie de vive. The drive to be one. What I think: If those "party monsters" had kids, they would go to Misshapes.

Then again, I could be wrong. After all, those party monsters could have had children within their busy schedules: wake up around 3 in the afternoon, smoke a bowl, make some hash brownies, eat the brownies, do some coke, buy a shirt for the party tonight, wear only the shirt, go to the party, get wasted, do more coke, probably pass out in the bathroom, wake up and fuck someone, do more coke, go home, sleep until 12 in the afternoon, do some heroine, go back to sleep. It's a pretty mundane day, if you ask me. I would assume there would be some action like eat real food.

What am I referring to? Well, I'm just some sad 20 something with no life. I have no joie de vive so I find amusement in others. There is no fight. If anything, it's a generation thing. Yeah, blame it on the generations. I mean, Misshapes is a cool party. If you like being rubbed up against some sweaty 20 somethings while dancing through the loud new wave music, then yeah. Misshapes is the place for you. Then you've got characters like these:

Yeah, that's serious breeding between the species.

No comments: