Monday, March 19, 2007

Got some Asia



Bobby Lee has got to be one of the funniest guys on MadTV. I was talking about this with my parents the other day. They don't understand his jokes because he's not from the same generation as them. I, on the other hand, have deep knowledge of second generation childhoods. Yes, I speak broken Korean but I can definitely eat myself a bowl of Ja Jang Myun. I just had to show people the coolness of Asia.

Speaking of Asians, I have been listening to this musician named Susumu Hirasawa. If you've ever seen the new trailer for the movie Paprika then your ears have been dazzled by the techno-ish sounds of his music. Sadly, his videos are extremely lame. I think he thinks he's a robot of some sort because he keeps on singing with this giant robot body. In the one video, Logic Airforce I think he has the body of an airplane. Seriously, he's got some robot issues. But I won't bore you with his old music and I'll focus on this awesome song called The Girl in Byakkoya.

I'll give you the trailer for the movie rather than the music video because it's got some weird flying ball of light and you have to watch Hirasawa's 50-year-old body fit into a pair of tight leather pants. People should go see this movie too. That is, if you like anime or really good illustration. If you're really into the song, you can also go to his website and download for free. Hirasawa thought that this particular song as well as another should be entirely free. So take it while the grabs are still grabbing: Susumu Hirasawa

No comments: