Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Joanna Newsom and the Brooklyn Philharmonic


I remember when Keith first told me about this girl. I think he was going through one of his "I'm obsessed with this girl singer/songwriter" stages. Either way, I remember putting on his headphones and listening to this girl wail on a harp and sing in an almost off-key manner.

Well, she's grown up a lot since that little music session in the University Cafeteria. Just reading New York Magazine, I came across her name and an announcement for one of her shows. It's amazing how a really good musician can become an overnight sensation within a few short months.

Besides the fact that she will be playing a show in the near future here in New York City, she's also playing it in Brooklyn at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (aka BAM) which Brooklyn Industries is currently selling bags for.

And to put the icing on the cake, she's playing with the Brooklyn Philharmonic. Even though that does sound like a group of rowdy gangster together with their musical prodigy, it doesn't sound half bad. You know, going to a show in Brooklyn for a Philharmonic. That's pretty much news to me because I never knew that.







On a sidenote. Heath Ledger died on Monday night. You know, just in case you didn't hear about it within the first ten minutes of the breaking news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.